We Love Our Four-legged Friends!
... But we do have some guidelines to help make your stay and theirs the most enjoyable.
What is your pet's ideal vacation? For a dog, perhaps 700 acres of trees? Or a huge frisbee field? Or fresh-baked dog biscuits? For a cat, the bliss of a down comforter or perched on the back of a stuffed chair by a window? And for all, a warm sleeping spot in front of the fire? Well, we have it all.
Are we pet friendly? You bet we are! Lodge pets receive a daily gourmet treat and are welcome all over the property except inside the Lodge building and the porches. We do require that your pet be on leash while on our property. So if you want to get away without leaving your best friend behind call us to make arrangements.
We also offer special services just for your furry kids that will make them feel like they've gone on vacation, too!
Your dog will receive one night's free lodging, a two-course Bone Appetit meal, a customized bandana imprinted with our trail map and a Pet Basket filled with goodies for the pup. All of this for only $75.
Let your four-legged friend enjoy gourmet delights with our Bone Appetit Menu.
PAMPER YOUR PET BASKET
A collection of special treats, toys and surprises for $35.
Visiting Pet Guidelines
The Savage River Lodge permits pets with advance notice and a pet fee of $30 per day, per pet.
Carefully read the information below regarding our pet guidelines. We will review them with you upon your arrival and will ask you to sign a similar form.
- Pets are permitted in your individual cabin, along pathways while on a leash, and on hiking trails in the State Forest.
- Pets are not permitted in the Yurts.
- Pets are not permitted in the main Lodge building or on the surrounding porches.
- Pet clean up is required, disposal bags are provided in your cabin.
- To avoid damage and excessive noise problems, please do not leave your pet unattended in the cabin for excessive periods of time. Excessive noise is not tolerated. Other guests are here to enjoy the peaceful surroundings. If complaints are made about excessive barking of your dog, we will be happy to recommend a local kennel for the remainder of your stay.
- The screen doors are provided for your comfort. Damaged screens will be replaced at your expense. The total cost for materials and labor ($75) will be charged to the credit card on file. If you suspect your dog will jump at the screen door, keep the solid wood door closed.
- Pets are not permitted on the furniture. If your pet enjoys sitting on furniture or sleeping in your bed, please be advised that we do charge a fee of $50.00 if we spend extended cleaning time removing pet hair from furniture.
- Do not use your tub to wash your pet, a dog wash station is provided for you at the Lodge.
We appreciate your consideration and thoughtfulness.